Tooth extraction is something that everyone faces in their lifetime. It becomes necessary when the damage gets so severe that it is left with no solution other than tooth extraction. There could be a need for an extraction when the cavity has completely damaged the tooth. When your tooth is completely damaged and weakens, the pain you feel is so sharp.
The time you go to the dentist near you and get it checked, he or she only says for removal, which means your tooth has lost all the capacities of treatment to save it. Now the question arises when a patient needs tooth removal.
When Do Dentists Say for Tooth Removal?
All these situations lead to tooth extraction:
- It becomes so damaged that it can’t support any treatment
- The cavity has become beyond repair
- It creates a blockage for the adult tooth to come.
- When the room is needed for orthodontic treatment such as implants and dentures
- When a tooth is broken down completely
- When it has become painful and infected
When we talk about the tooth removal procedure, it is normal and involves less pain. When it comes to the time, simple extraction takes 45 minutes to 1-hour minimum and the process is carried out under local anesthesia. Each dentist in Sugar Land, TX is highly qualified and can provide you best quality treatment. Contact them today!
Recovery to Normal Life After Extraction
When people heard about extraction, they immediately think that they have to take off from their daily activities and work life. But in actual it is not that long-off.
In case of a simple extraction, it would take 48 hours to 72 hours, after the time you can return to your normal activities, for complete healing it would take 2-3 weeks maximum. The healing speed may vary from patient to patient and the status of their oral health.
It would be a bit time-consuming but it also takes 48 to 72 hours in clot formation and hardly one week to get back to normal activities. The healing also depends on one more factor and i.e. the location of the tooth that is extracted.
Patients are required to discuss with the skilled dentist in Sugar Land, TX about how long they should take off from their work, and for faster and better recovery. One should follow the instruction given by the dental expert carefully after the procedure has been done.
Common Instructions One Should Follow After Tooth Extraction
There are a few instructions that your dentist will tell you immediately after the extraction process. These are the mandatory ones that will help in the healing process.
- Don’t rinse and spit in the first 24 hours after extraction so that a proper clot can be formed.
- Avoid brushing and flossing at the sight for a few days because it can cause injury and pain.
- Avoid smoking because it can cause infection.
- Limit your physical activities for a few days.
- Keep head in alleviated position while sleeping.
- Make sure to have prescribed medicine to avoid swelling and pain.
If you will follow the instructions carefully, you will heal early without any risk for further infection. If we talk about the reasons behind tooth extraction and any other dental diseases, it is not taking care of your oral hygiene carefully as it is required.
Tips to Maintain a Good Oral Health
- Don’t avoid brushing and flossing. You can consult a dentist to know about the right way or techniques of doing that.
- Use best quality toothpaste and change your brush at regular intervals plus keep it clean.
- Be mindful of what you are eating, limit the sugary food because they are too sticky and can form cavities.
- Keep your body hydrated so that that it can produce enough saliva inside your mouth.
Oral health is an important aspect of overall human health and doesn’t forget that clean and shiny teeth are essential to have a bright smile on your face, the longevity of life if your teeth only depend on how you take care of them. If you want to get any help on any dental issue, feel free to contact Star Plus Dental and book an appointment with our dentist.